Taco soup, one of the recipes in Top Ten Student Recipes at Gumroad.
This is an easy soup that tastes great. Sauté ground beef with taco seasoning in a pot. If the beef is frozen, a little water in the bottom will ensure it thaws before the bottom burns. Once the beef is well on the way to done, add a diced (chopped into small bits) onion. The timing is not critical. Once the beef is completely done, add one large can of diced tomatoes, one medium can of corn (not creamed corn), and one medium can of red kidney beans. When it’s warm, it’s ready. If you want to get fancy, serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar.
- Ground beef ~1 lb
- Kidney beans, canned
- Black beans, canned
- Sweet corn, whole kernel, canned
- (not creamed corn)
- Diced tomatoes, canned
- Chili powder
- In a large pot over med-high heat:
- Brown the meat and onions
- Break up the meat as you brown it
- At about teaspoon of chili powder
- Cook while stirring until the onions look a translucent and meat is done
- Add two regular-sized cans (or one large can) of diced tomatoes
- Add a can of red beans
- (Optionally) add a can of black beans
- Add a can of whole kernel corn
- Heat over medium heat until the whole pot is warm
Shredding tortillas into the bowl is very tasty
You can also top this soup with shredded cheese and/or sour cream
If you liked this recipe, consider getting the whole Top Ten Student Recipes at Gumroad.